Our Melbourne Data Centre & Network
Located at 530 Collins Street in the heart of Melbourne, The Melbourne Data Centre is seen as one of the best data centres in the Southern Hemisphere. Currently in Phase1 of development, the Tier3 (Tier4 pending) facility boasts a 99.9% network, power and data SLA with a N+1 (pending N+2) infrastructure. The facility is TIA-942 [Australian Data Centre Standard] compliant and is monitored by an Environmental Monitoring System (EMS) that responsible for monitoring and reporting on all components. EMS enables the facilities manager to remotely manage and control entire facility if required.
- The entire tenancy and data centre are security controlled by a security token system. Access is provided with swipe card readers, all doors are alarmed and there are security guards on site 24x7x365
- CCTV Video monitoring surveillance
- Alarm and Reporting systems in place - (All alarm events sent via SMS to support staff)
- Customer authorisation access procedures are in place. (Providing restricted access to customer cabinets)
- All security systems audited by MDC staff daily
- Power capacity of 3200 dedicated amps
- UPS Systems backed by 3 x 550KVA Standby Generators which will automatically kick in
- Duel Distribution Boards configured with ISO-Bar Technology
- 3-6KVA per full height rack AC standard
- 20 dual redundant power outlets per rack. (Clipsal 3 round pin screw-in captive plugs)
- Temperatures within the data centre are maintained and monitored at 21.5-22 degrees.
- 3 Chillers connected to 3 cooling towers are employed to achieve this
- 14 x 150kW Liebert Air Conditioning Units supply over 1500 kWs of cooling within the DataCenter
- 2 x VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus)
- Above and underfloor dry-pipe sprinkler system.
- FM200 Gas system configured and available.
- The data centre walls have a 2 hour fire rating, supported by 2hr fire rated doors.
- Mechanical and fire infrastructures tested monthly.
Our network features a fully meshed internet service supporting many carriers to form a full redundant service. We keep the network saturation running well below 30% and are committed to maintaining this via the scaling of our network. View data rates.